Unlimited access to Viniyoga with Gary Kraftsow.
Digital Workshops can be purchased and viewed through Yoga International.
“Breath-centered āsana practice and prāṇāyāma are among the greatest gifts from the yoga tradition to help us maintain our physiological and metabolic health and well-being, balance our emotions, and clarify our minds.”
— Gary Kraftsow
Āsana Unlocked: Reframe Your Understanding, Renew Your Practice, Refresh Your Teaching
Yoga is an ancient system of practical tools to help us heal and transform.
Āsana is one of those tools, and can help practitioners create a conscious relationship with their bodies.
Āsana is often the gateway that leads students to study other tools such as prāṇāyāma, meditation, and the deeper teachings of yoga, so building a strong foundation can create sturdy roots to continue the deep study of yoga.
This course is an introduction to the Viniyoga approach to āsana. It explains:
- the function of yoga postures
- the importance of coordinating breath and movement in āsana practice and how to adapt form and breath to suit individual needs
- the use of repetition and stay in āsana practice
- the art and science of sequencing āsanas in relation to each other, as well as sequencing āsana as part of an integrated practice that may also include prāṇāyāma, meditation, chanting, and/or mantra
This course is for students and teachers of all levels who are interested in gaining a deeper understanding of āsana. Practitioners will learn to use āsana as a means to better understand their bodies and begin to transform their present condition. Teachers can further their understanding of what is happening in their students’ bodies, and learn how to use adaptation in āsana to empower their students toward transformation.
Prāṇāyāma is considered one of the most powerful practices of yoga. Studies from Harvard, National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) and many others have shown amazing benefits ranging from hypertension, stress, depression, anxiety, and as well as connections to core cardiac and respiratory function.
This 10-hour Master Course includes seven integrated practices with āsana and prāṇāyāma.
Experience the powerful healing effects of prāṇāyāma:
- Surface and transform dysfunctional patterns
- Balance your emotions
- Clarify and sharpen your mind
- Integrate breath and movement
- Deepen your breath threshold
- Understand the energetic effects of breath techniques
The ancient practice of meditation can be found in most of the world’s religious traditions as a way of linking the heart and mind of the practitioner to sources of guidance, inspiration, and the divine.
During this 10-hour Master Course, you’ll be immersed in seven integrated practices that include āsana, prāṇāyāma, chanting, and meditation.
Meditation practice in the yoga tradition can help us achieve many aims:
- Surface and transform dysfunctional patterns
- Deepen our self-understanding
- Discover happiness in the present moment
- Find meaning in the face of the reality of change
- Actualize our highest potential
- Uncover our true purpose in life
Most of us will experience neck and/or shoulder pain at some point during our lives. Whether it’s related to cumulative stress, a pathological condition, or an injury, yoga therapy can help provide relief.
In this program, which is part workshop, part practice, Gary Kraftsow—a pioneer in yoga for health, healing, and personal transformation for over 40 years—explores principles and practices of yoga therapy specifically related to the neck and shoulders.
You’ll gain a foundational understanding of the neck and shoulders in these categories:
- Anatomy and movement
- Signs and symptoms of a problem
- Types of injuries
- General treatment goals from a yoga therapy perspective
- Contraindications for neck and shoulder conditions, including a discussion about how certain asanas such as headstand and shoulder stand can be problematic
- Yoga therapy strategies for working with neck-and-shoulder-related conditions (both general and condition-specific)
- Lifestyle recommendations
You’ll also acquire insight into a range of other topics related to yoga therapy for the neck and shoulders, including how certain movement practices can lead to injury, the role of headaches in neck pain, when therapeutic touch can be appropriate and when it isn’t, and more.
Yoga Therapy for Anxiety
Many of us live with anxiety and experience its effects on a daily basis.
This in-depth course with two full-length practices for anxiety and lecture is designed for those who seek to understand what lies behind anxiety in order to transform their relationship to it, and ultimately, transcend its impact.
Learn more in this FREE VIDEO from the course describing breath awareness.
- Yoga therapy principles for adapting and applying āsana, prāṇāyāma (breathwork), chanting, mantra, and meditation to create an integrated practice for working with anxiety.
- Background on the autonomic nervous system and the physiology behind the stress response.
- Information about the science behind meditation, including its benefits and how it affects our physiology overall.
- An exploration of the yoga therapy paradigm of bṛṁhaṇa (approximate to the concept of sympathetic activation), laṅghana (approximate to the concept of parasympathetic activation) and samāna (meaning same, equal, or balanced, particularly in relation to sympathetic/parasympathetic regulation).
- The yogic perspective on the inner dimensions of thought, mood, and behavior; how anxiety manifests in each of these dimensions; and specific tools for studying these levels of the mind in order to examine svābhava, our self-concept, to move toward svarūpa, our true potential.
Yoga Therapy for Better Sleep
This five-hour course is designed for people who are experiencing sleep issues and also for Yoga Therapists and yoga teachers who are working with clients or students who experience poor-quality sleep. Even yoga beginners can benefit from the information and materials presented.
What did the Ancients say about sleep? WATCH A VIDEO from the course in which Gary describes the four stages of consciousness.
During this course you’ll gain an understanding of the factors affecting your sleep and get tools for improving your sleep quality overall, including:
- An energizing morning practice to engage the major muscle groups and deepen respiratory rhythms.
- A calming evening practice to draw your attention inward and bring you into a deep state of relaxation.
- An overview of sleep function, including the yogic perspective on sleep.
- Yoga Therapy methodologies and principles for adapting and using āsana, prāṇāyāma, chanting, mantra, guided relaxation, and meditation to create an integrated practice for better sleep.
Yoga Therapy for Depression
This three-hour course explores the inner and outer dimensions of depression and includes two empowering yoga therapy practices. Try this FREE PRACTICE.
You will learn:
- A breakdown of how depression influences us at multiple levels.
- The anatomical and physiological symptoms of depression.
- General and specific yoga therapy management principles for working with states of depression.
- How to address the inner dimensions of your psychology from a yogic perspective.
- General recommendations from both the yoga tradition and outside of yoga for anyone suffering from depression.
Healing Addiction: A Yogic Perspective
This course applies the lens of yoga to the pervasive issue of addiction. It’s for people living with any type of addiction—including both substance and behavioral-based addictions—and is designed to provide you with practical tools from yoga that can be used to support you in recovery.
Viniyoga Therapist, Nikki Myers, along with master yoga teachers Gary Kraftsow and Seane Corn, share applicable teachings from yoga philosophy as well as practices to help you stay centered throughout your healing journey.
During this course you will:
- Get practical tools to help support yourself or a loved one during recovery.
- Listen to interviews with and stories from students who have been successfully using these tools.
- Get an integrated yoga practice with Gary Kraftsow that weaves together āsana, breathwork, and the transformative power of mantraand visualization.
- Get an empowering āsana practice led by Seane Corn that is designed to build self-confidence.
- Learn how the essential teachings of yoga can be applied to both the root cause of addiction and to the process of healing.
The Matrix of Tantra: Exploring Practices and Philosophy
What is tantric yoga and how can it empower you on an inward journey toward freedom?
This is the central question of The Matrix of Tantra: An Exploration of Practice and Philosophy, a course that was filmed at the Himalayan Institute in Honesdale, Pennsylvania. Master teachers Sally Kempton, Gary Kraftsow, and Rod Stryker invite you to join them on a journey of mind and body as they share tantric teachings and practices with you. This integrative experience offers you a unique opportunity to take classes with esteemed experts, weave together the practices of yoga—including asana, pranayama, chanting, and meditation—and learn ways to incorporate them in your daily life.
You’ll gain an understanding of:
- The philosophy and methods of tantra and its applications to everyday life
- The connections between asana, meditation, pranayama, and chanting
- Asana, pranayama, chanting, and meditation practices designed to help you integrate the mind-body connection
- Breathing and visualization techniques to relieve mental agitation
- Meditations for healing, stability, and tranquility
- The connections and parallels between various schools of psychology and tantric philosophy
- The truth about tantra in a discussion that debunks common myths about the philosophy and practice
If you’re curious about traditional practices and enjoy learning in a step-by-step fashion, you’ll love this enriching experience!
The Heart of Practice Conference: Asana and Beyond
The Heart of Practice Conference: Asana and Beyond brings together some of the greatest minds in modern yoga. Master teachers, Gary Kraftsow, Sally Kempton, Cyndi Lee, Rod Stryker, and Doug Keller provide a road map for how you can use your practice to create personal transformation on the levels of the mind, body, and spirit.
This online conference was filmed live and consists of five inspiring workshops (which include both lecture and practice), a discussion panel where each of the presenters offers their perspective on contemporary issues in the yoga world, and an illuminating closing symposium that ties it all together. This full-spectrum experience includes asana, mantra, meditation, chanting, and pranayama practices.
In Chakras and Emotional Health with Gary Kraftsow, you’ll learn about the emotional characteristics associated with each chakra, and how to begin recognizing imbalances when strong emotions arise and remain. Gary also shares practices that can help you cultivate feelings of tranquility, courage, compassion, and joy.